Bush Weddings In Dinokeng Game Reserve
Bush weddings remains a very special occasion, especially in the heart of the African bushveld.
Tshikwalo Game Lodge can host small intimate weddings of up to 100 guests. Our team pride themselves ourselves on attention to detail as we like to keep things simple, but exceptional. We believe in personal service and therefore all arrangements will be coordinated around your specific needs and requirements.
The spectacular views and true African sunsets of the Big 5 Dinokeng Nature Reserve sets the ideal backdrop for bridal photographs taken on the wedding day. A complimentary bridal suite will be booked for the bridal couple for the evening of the wedding, the remaining rooms are bookable for the wedding guests at a special rate.
We have a few memorable settings situated amongst the trees and bush within walking distance to the main areas of the lodge, as well as the reception area to choose from. You and your guests will enjoy the splendours of the bush in true African spirit.
We realise that catering plays a significant role in the overall success of your wedding. Our Chef and the team will offer you a variety of menu selections to suit your personal needs and budget. Tshikwalo has a fully licensed bar with an extensive wine list.
Wedding Specials (Terms and conditions apply)
Midweek Weddings: (Monday to Thursday – all year round excluding holidays): A 15% discount on the wedding package rack rate will apply. (Minimum of 60 adult guests required.)
Last minute bookings: Weddings booked less than 90 days prior to the wedding date will receive a 15% discount on the wedding package rack rate. (Minimum of 60 adult guests required.)
Winter/Autumn Weddings: (June to August – excluding holidays): A 15% discount on the wedding package rack rate will apply. (Minimum of 60 adult guests required.)
Friday Wedding Special: 10% discount on the wedding package rate will apply for all Friday weddings that fall on Fridays other than between 1 June and 31 August. (Minimum of 60 adult guests required.)
Our team believe in making fairy tales true… we keep it simple, but truly exceptional.
Morning wedding: 09h00 – 15h00
Evening wedding: 16h00 – 23h30
(Subject to final confirmation 3 months prior to the wedding)
- Menu prices vary from R430 to R495 per adult, depending on the number of guests, personal needs and budget.
- Meals for children aged 1 to 11 years are available at a fixed price or at 50% of the price per adult.
- Bar deposit basis with or without limitations and/or cash bar.
- Corkage fee of R45 per 750ml wine/champagne bottle is applicable should you wish to bring your own.
- Beverage and wine prices charged at current price lists as on day of wedding.
- Bar overtime will be charged at R1 800 / hour if function continues after the times as stipulated above. Please note that this needs to be pre-arranged.
- 28 rooms are available accommodating a total of 60 guests, charged at a special rate for wedding guests subject to a minimum of 25 rooms (50 guests) being booked by wedding guests for the wedding night.
- Check-in time from 14h00 and latest check-out time by 10h00.
If any of the wedding guests would like to stay a 2nd night, the special rate will still be applicable. Should more than 30 wedding guests stay for a 2nd night, a braai/barbeque at a venue different to the wedding reception venue dinner will be offered at a minimal cost of R195 per adult. (No beverages included).
- Other accommodation in close proximity to lodge is available on request.
- Wedding guests receive 10% discount on Tshikwalo Game Lodge’s Game Drives.
- Bridal suite for the day & night of wedding on bed & breakfast basis.
Romantic turn-down for the newlyweds, including rose petals and sparkling wine.
- Use of our game vehicle for 2 hours for wedding photographs in the Big 5 Dinokeng Nature Reserve.
- Hire and use of specified venue and stretch tent, cleaning of venue, tables, standard chairs, setting of tables with white linen tablecloths and white linen serviettes, crockery, cutlery, waiters and barmen excluding recommended guideline of 10 % service tip.
- Professional wedding coordination services before and on day of wedding.
- VAT included in all quoted prices.
- Sound & DJ
- Table décor e.g. special colour overlays, saches, chair covers, fairy lights, draping or any other décor items.
- Fixed gratuity of 10% on pre-arranged bar and meal account.
- Minister or Pastor.
- Bar deposit if applicable.
- Non-refundable breakage deposit of R4 000.
- Dinokeng Game Reserve Conservation Fees.
- In an event of more than 60 guests, additional waiters must be hired and a flat fee of R500 per additional waiter will be charged.
Terms and Conditions
- Non-refundable deposit equivalent to venue hire to book and confirm date.
- 50% of accommodation fees are payable upon booking.
- 100% of accommodation fees payable 30 days before wedding date.
- 100% of function, décor and catering arrangements is payable 14 days in advance of the wedding.
- Deposit for bar account payable 14 days in advance of event.
- Non-refundable breakage deposit of R4 000 payable 14 days in advance of event.
- Up to 60 days prior to the wedding, 50 % of rooms/catering and venue arrangements reserved may be cancelled with no cost excluding the venue hire serving as deposit fee which is non-refundable.
- 60 to 0 days prior to the wedding, 100% cancellation fee will apply on room and decor deposits reserved.
- 30 days and less prior to the wedding, 100% cancellation fee is applicable for all function and catering requirements reserved.
Prices and terms remain subject to possible changes.
Share this page: